Taxi Cab License

Any person who drives or operates a motorized or non-motorized vehicle for the purpose of carrying passengers for hire or compensation must obtain a license from the City. This includes:

  • Horse-drawn vehicles
  • Taxicabs
  • Trailer trains
  • Other vehicles used for sightseeing


Taxicab licenses are issued by the Financial Services Department, on Wednesdays and Fridays, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. You will need to appear in person and present a valid driver's license, at 50 Bridge Street. Please call 904-825-1037 if you have questions.