Is the city responsible for water/sewer service installation?

For utility work on commercial, institutional, redevelopment and subdivision projects, City crews typically do not self-perform this type of work. Generally, such work is deemed to be anything more than service connections for a typical single-family house. For all projects, the City reserves the right to assess the scope in terms of difficulty, design and permitting, equipment, personnel and workload, and determine if City resources will be utilized for the work (or some portion thereof). When the customer/developer is responsible for utility work (determined through the Availability Request process), then civil engineering plans, review and approval by Public Works will be required, and a Florida licensed and bonded underground utility contractor must perform the work to City specifications at customer/developer’s cost. Refer to the City Construction and Dedication Requirements checklist (PDF) for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How can I get construction water from a hydrant meter?
2. What are the sizes of the water tap and meter and what services are offered by domestic and fire services?
3. Are double or combined services allowed?
4. Are "Master Meters" allowed? Or, a single meter for more than one building or unit?
5. How do I request a Fire Hydrant Flow Test?
6. Is the city responsible for water/sewer service installation?
7. Can development of property not adjacent to existing City water / sewer lines be built?
8. Where can City utilities be installed?