Are double or combined services allowed?

The City may allow double or combined services on a case-by-case basis; however, individual water meters are always required. Refer to City utility details for "Manifold Installations".

New Construction

All new construction or substantial renovations (cost estimate for renovation amounting to 50% or more of building value) must install a separate water service and a separate sewer service for each residential or commercial unit, when it is feasible to do so.

Water service taps may not be split for different uses. Separate domestic, fire sprinkler and/or landscape irrigation taps are required from the City water main.

Show All Answers

1. How can I get construction water from a hydrant meter?
2. What are the sizes of the water tap and meter and what services are offered by domestic and fire services?
3. Are double or combined services allowed?
4. Are "Master Meters" allowed? Or, a single meter for more than one building or unit?
5. How do I request a Fire Hydrant Flow Test?
6. Is the city responsible for water/sewer service installation?
7. Can development of property not adjacent to existing City water / sewer lines be built?
8. Where can City utilities be installed?