Why do I need a Right-of-Way License Agreement?

The City requires a license agreement for all non-standard materials placed in City rights-of-way, such as:

  • Brick
  • Irrigation and hardscape features such as decorative walls
  • Landscaping
  • Paver stones

Materials That Do Not Require License Agreements

Standard materials that do not require a license agreement are: asphalt, concrete, coquina concrete, sod/grass. Customers are encouraged to consider revising their plan to use a standard material in the right-of-way, and non-standard materials of their choice on their own property. This option would remove the license agreement requirement. Email Public Works Permits for an example of the Right-of-Way License Agreement with liability insurance requirements.

Show All Answers

1. What is required to pull a ROW Permit?
2. What are the fees for Right-of-Way Permits?
3. How long does it take to get a ROW Permit?
4. Can I get a ROW Permit the same day?
5. How long are ROW Permits good for? Can extensions be made?
6. Are there time or day restrictions for ROW Permits?
7. Does my residential driveway have to be concrete pavement?
8. Why do I need a Right-of-Way License Agreement?
9. How long does it take to get a Right-of-Way License Agreement?
10. If I need a Right-of-Way License Agreement, can I begin work in the right-of-way before the Agreement is completed?
11. What is the required width and length of a residential driveway?
12. Can I have a circular driveway, or two driveways on my residential property?
13. Distances required between driveways/intersections?
14. How close can my driveway be located to the side lot line?
15. Where can I find the City's driveway details?
16. Who applies for a Tree Removal Permit when the tree is located in City right-of-way?
17. Who is responsible for sidewalk repairs in City right-of-way?
18. Who creates a Maintenance-Of-Traffic (MOT) plan?