Presentations made at Commission’s May 13 meeting
At the conclusion of each academic year, the St. Augustine City Commission recognizes a graduating senior from each of St. Johns County’s high schools for his or her leadership and service to school, to community, and to other students.
The presentation of the 2019 Citizenship Awards was held at the beginning of the commission’s regular meeting on Monday, May 13. The broadcast of the presentation ceremony can viewed online on-demand at www.CityStAugTV.com.
Award recipients, selected by each school, received a commemorative plaque, a city lapel pin, and $200 to assist with further educational endeavors.
2019 Citizenship Award recipients (pictured L to R):
- Grace Freedman, Ponte Vedra High School;
- Ruchi Patel, Allen D. Nease High School;
- Isaac Mills; St. Johns Technical High School;
- Samantha Washburn, Florida School for the Deaf & Blind, the Deaf Department;
- Martin Vanderwerf, Florida School for the Deaf & Blind, the Blind Department;
- Marisa Flowers, Pedro Menendez High School;
- Nicolo Sapienza, St. Augustine High School;
- Amanda Higley, Bartram Trail High School;
- Gisselle Santiago, St. Joseph Academy; and
- Matthew Ortiz, Creekside High School