Spring shuttle service offers parking alternative
With the busy season of St. Augustine’s popular weekend festivals drawing to a close, so does the free satellite parking and shuttle service, which will conclude this Saturday, Saturday, April 20, 2019.
Building on the success of the free park and ride shuttle that serves thousands of visitors during the Nights of Lights, The City of St. Augustine and the three largest spring festivals have provided this free shuttle service on Saturdays during the month of March and most of April. One addition to this schedule was Sunday, March 24, when the Lions Seafood Festival also provided a shuttle on that day.
The Spring Shuttle offered free parking at two locations just north of downtown with transportation to and from the St. Augustine & St. Johns County Visitor Information Center (VIC). The service was available during the St Augustine Celtic Music & Heritage Festival, the Lions Seafood Festival, Rotary Club’s Rhythm & Ribs and the St. Augustine Easter Parade. Download the map.
The shuttle operated from two parking locations north of the downtown:
The drop-off/pick-up location, the VIC, 10 S. Castillo Dr., offers full visitor amenities and is just steps from Francis Field, the city’s primary festival location.
The shuttle schedule was the same every Saturday, beginning on March 9, from 8:00am to 11:00pm, and ending on Saturday, April 20, 2019. The shuttle also operated on Sunday, March 24, from 8:00am until 6:00pm to accommodate those attending the Lions Seafood Festival.
Spring Shuttle Schedule
- Saturday, March 9 / 8:00am - 11:00pm (St Augustine Celtic Music & Heritage Festival)
- Saturday, March 16 / 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Saturday, March 23 / 8:00am - 11:00pm (St. Augustine Lions Seafood Festival)
- Sunday, March 24 / 8:00am - 6:00pm (St. Augustine Lions Seafood Festival)
- Saturday, March 30 / 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Saturday, April 6 / 8:00am - 11:00pm (Rotary Club’s Rhythm & Ribs)
- Saturday, April 13 / 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Saturday, April 20 / 8:00am - 11:00pm (St. Augustine Easter Parade)